[Plant-education] Re: Private Life of Plants DVDs

Randy rrrandy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 10:48:39 EST 2006

Dr. Schmid--

There are ways to play a Region 2 DVD, but it will likely require an
investment on your part.  If you're currently playing it on a DVD
player, you're probably out of luck -- you'll need a graymarket "code
free" DVD player (you can google that to find plenty of vendors).  NB:
The movie industry is combatting code free DVD players by adding
another layer of authentication (RCE, or Regional Coding Enhancement)
-- I don't think this will affect you, as this is more targeted towards
squeezing every last dime out of the latest blockbuster.

If you have the option of playing the DVD on a computer, it will be
easier.  Get a code free DVD player program.  There are several
options; check out packages like DVD X Player
(http://www.dvd-x-player.com/).

Good luck,
Randy