[Plant-education] query about carotenoids

prasanna lakshmi kumari prasannakhere at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 11:35:21 EST 2006

hi,
  I'm Lakshmi doing research work on the carotenoids.
As i'm new to this field, i have no protocols for the
separation, extraction and quantification of
carotenoids. Luckily after a long search i found your
mail.
  Can you send me the assay methods to quantify the
carotenoids using a formula? i will be very much
pleased to have an early reply from you as soon as
possible.
 I have the protocol upto separation of carotenoids
from leaves using pet.ether: ethanol through column
chromatography.
 But i dont know how to use the absorbance values to
get the amount of carotenoids per g of tissue?
can you please guide me if you have time?

with regards,
prasannakhere at yahoo.com