[Plant-education] Re: Growing Rhizobium in a lab

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Fri Jan 6 09:24:04 EST 2006

schouse at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> So in effect, it can be grown in lab. Could you point me to resources
> where the optimum growth parameters are mentioned or something like
> that?
>
> I'm an masters in technology student in a college in India and am
> looking to do a project in a bioprocess control system design to
> culture this bacteria.
>
> Thanks,
> Mohit.

I'm sure the best protocols for you depend on the strain and how much of
it you want to grow.  Your best bet is to scour the literature for
previous research on this topic and then do some experiments.  I'm not
sure what resources you have access to, but I would start with a
reference librarian in your institution's library who can point you to
searchable databases and probably help you develop the search terms.

Best of luck.

Jon

  e-mail: monroejd at jmu.edu
  http://www.jmu.edu/biology/