[Plant-education] hydroponics help for a children's museum

SCifaldi at steppingstonesmuseum.org SCifaldi at steppingstonesmuseum.org
Sun Mar 12 18:43:13 EST 2006

I am hoping that someone out there can help me.

We are in the process of designing a new exhibit that teaches children
about their bodies and the choices they make to keep their bodies healthy.
One of the focuses of the exhibit is nutrition. In the exhibit, we would
like to show the importance of growing fruits and vegetables and would like
to have an indoor "Community Garden" that is a hydroponics station.

We envision purchasing a kit (including lighting-- the exhibit will be in a
dark area of museum) that we could build a casing around (to have it fit in
with the look & feel of the rest of the exhibit). Ideally, it would be
great to be able to see the roots.

The exhibit will be geared towards children 10 and under.
If you have any suggestions, please email at scifaldi at
steppingstonesmuseum.org (remove "at" replace with "@").

Many thanks in advance,
Sheri

Sheri Cifaldi