[Plant-education] Environmental chamber suggestions?

John E. Silvius SILVIUSJ at cedarville.edu
Wed May 3 08:03:56 EST 2006

Beverly,
I would recommend Environmental Growth Chambers (EGC) in Chagrin Falls,
OH  http://www.egc.com/  I have had experience with a variety of
different EGC controlled environment chambers when I worked with the
USDA-Agricultural Research Service.   Currently we have eight of their
Sunbrellas in our plant growth room.

Blessings,
John Silvius

>>> "Beverly Brown" <bbrown6 at naz.edu> 5/1/2006 11:01 AM >>>
We're going to purchase an environmental chamber to facilitate our
interdisciplinary teams' work with germination and sprouting seeds.
We
would ideally like one large unit that can be set to two different
conditions.  I haven't been able to locate such a beast yet.

Does anyone have suggestions for chambers that have worked well for
them?
Questions to make sure to ask? We're thinking we would like it to vary
lighting, heat above room temp, cool below room temp, and humidify.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beverly J. Brown
Assistant Professor
Biology Department