[Plant-education] Ethnobotany major

Linda Lyon via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by LLyon At frostburg.edu)
Thu Nov 16 12:02:55 EST 2006

Hi Jim,
I just saw your question posted on the internet regarding an undergraduate major in ethnobotany.  I am honestly not sure when you made the post, but I wanted to let you know that I am the Program Coordinator for an Ethnobotany major at Frostburg State University, Frostburg, MD.  The major has 3 concentrations for students to choose from once they have completed the core courses.  The concentrations are pharmacological ethnobotany, biogeographical ethnobotany, or cultural perspectives in ethnobotany.  The major itself is interdisciplinary and pulls from numerous departments across campus.  Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks!

Linda M. Lyon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Ethnobotany Program Coordinator