[Plant-education] Fruit textbook

Donna I. Ford-Werntz via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by dford2 At wvu.edu)
Thu Nov 30 11:56:59 EST 2006

Bob, I have always liked Harlow's "Fruit Key and Twig Key."  It is a small,
cheap paperback with a brief intro. and well-illustrated identification
section.  I used it as the text for a course in winter botany (some years
ago), at which time it was available as a Dover publications reprint (of
1946 original). Donna
>I teach intro botany labs and am not particularly strong on fruit--a
>topic I find very complicated.  Does anyone have a recommendation...

Donna I. Ford-Werntz     West Virginia Univ.

Herbarium Curator (WVA)  Box 6057

Assoc. Prof. Biol.       Morgantown, WV 26506

5230 Life Sciences       293-5201 X31549
email: dford2 At wvu.edu    fax: (304)293-6363

Web site at http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/