[Plant-education] Re: Integrative Studies/Thinking and Writing Course

David R. Hershey dh321 at excite.com
Thu Oct 5 18:15:31 EST 2006

The current issue of American Biology Teacher has an article that might
be relevant for your course:

James H. Wandersee, Renee M. Clary and Sandra M. Guzman. 2006. A
writing template for probing students' botanical sense of place.
American Biology Teacher 68: 419-423.

Botany educator Randy Moore has written a few books and several
articles on writing in biology courses, e.g.

Moore, R. 1992. Writing to Learn Biology. Harcourt Brace College
Publishers.

Moore, R. 1995. Writing to Learn Botany. William C. Brown

Moore, R. 1994. Writing As a Tool for Learning Biology. BioScience 44:
613-617.

David R. Hershey
http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/hershey/bio.htm