[Plant-education] Botany book recommendation?

Perry, James james.perry at uwc.edu
Thu Sep 7 08:22:47 EST 2006

Raven, Evert and Eichhorn, Biology of Plants, is probably the most
widely adopted *serious* botany book, world-wide. It has been translated
into several languages other than English, and that tells you something.
It is not a "light" read by any stretch of the imagination.

Ray Evert has also revised Esau's Plant Anatomy. Knowing Ray the way I
do (he was my PhD advisor) I can tell you there is nothing that he does
that is not first rate, well researched (excruciatingly so, in fact),
and well written. (I believe Peter Raven's role in Biology of Plants has
diminished a lot over time, but once an author ...)

James W. Perry, Ph.D.
Campus Executive Officer and Dean
University of Wisconsin- Fox Valley
1478 Midway Road