[Plant-education] Re: misconcepts

David R. Hershey via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by dh321 At excite.com)
Mon Jan 8 19:49:19 EST 2007

The review by Wood-Robinson (1991) lists a lot of the older literature
on student misconceptions about plants. Some recent studies are listed
below. The ERIC database might turn up some other articles.
http://www.eric.ed.gov/

Many of the textbook misconceptions on plants are also likely to be
student misconceptions. According to Wandersee and Clary (2006), plant
blindness is a "default condition" for most students. Hershey (2002)
offered a different interpretation of plant blindness.

David R. Hershey
http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/hershey/bio.htm