[Plant-education] plant physiology textbooks?

Fisher, Roxanne via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by RFisher At Chatham.edu)
Thu Jan 11 13:44:28 EST 2007

Dear Plant-ed folks:

What do you all think about plant physiology textbooks?  I am teaching
plant phys for the first time in a few years and I took a quick look at
the latest edition of Taiz and Zeiger and chose it.  Now I'm realizing
that this latest edition is really focused on molecular genetics and
high tech cell bio and doesn't cover the traditional topics in a more
organismal way.  Since many of my students are environmental science
students or sophomores who haven't had cell biology beyond intro bio,
this is not a good fit.  I do have an exam copy of Hopkins and Huner
which seems to be more balanced.  Any thoughts on these texts or
suggestions on other texts?

Thanks!

Roxanne

*********