[Plant-education] Have you thanked a green plant today?

David R. Hershey via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by dh321 from excite.com)
Mon Jun 4 09:55:57 EST 2007

Back on Nov. 30, 2004, I posted a question here asking about the
origin of the bumper sticker phrase, "Have you thanked a green plant
today?"

Below is an email I recently received, posted here with the author's
permission,

David R. Hershey

----------------------

"I was a member of the 10th grade biology classes at Petoskey High
School in Petoskey, Michigan in 1966-67 that were taught by Mr. Robert
Foster, when we coined the phrase and the bumper sticker, "Have you
thanked a green plant today?". We produced a small amount of the
stickers and sold them to interested parties. It it interesting that
there seem to still be some of these out there. Where have you seen
it?

Hope to hear from you."

Sherry Duesing
Lake Superior State University