[Plant-education] Why do ripe fruits - especially when canned - smell foul?

Janice M. Glime via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by jmglime from mtu.edu)
Sun Jun 10 10:56:01 EST 2007

Dear Radium,
   Have you considered the possibility that some or all of the unpleasant odor
may be contributed by the metal can?  Of course, if the same odor exists with
fruits canned in glass jars, this is not an explanation.  It suggests that
something in the canning process contributes to the odor.  I have no idea as to
what.  You need to talk to a food scientist.
Janice

Dr. Janice Glime, Professor
President of IAB; Manager of Bryonet
Department of Biological Sciences