[Plant-education] greenhouse lighting

Carl Pike via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by carl.pike from fandm.edu)
Thu Mar 8 08:31:26 EST 2007

Dear Plant-Ed list:

We are exploring some new greenhouse lights.  The traditional view
that I'm aware of is that metal halide lamps are preferable over high
pressure sodium.  I've heard that there is some new kind of high
pressure sodium lamp with much better spectral qualities.  Does
anyone know about these?  What is the best-practice recommendation
now for greenhouse lighting?

Thanks.  Please pass this along to anyone else you know who might
have some information.

Carl Pike