[Plant-education] An opportunity to mentor

Claire Hemingway via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by chemingway from botany.org)
Thu Sep 20 18:33:23 EST 2007

Greetings Plant-Ed Network,

I am writing to share information about a program that offer
opportunities for plant biology faculty and students to get involved in
K-12 outreach as an online scientist mentor.

PlantingScience (www.plantingscience.org
<http://www.plantingscience.org>) is a partnership among the Botanical
Society of America, American Society of Plant Biologists, K-12 educators
and science education researchers to improve understanding of science.
Student teams design and conduct plant investigations in their
classrooms, working throughout the process with online scientist mentors.

We invite interested biologists and students (graduate students or
upper-level undergraduates) to volunteer.  The overall time commitment
is small, but the impact you make can be substantial.  Mentored inquiry
sessions run twice a year: October to November and February to March.
See www.plantingscience.org for more details.

Please free to contact me if you have any questions or would like
additional information.

Best regards,

Claire Hemingway

--
Claire Hemingway, Ph.D.
Education Director, Botanical Society of America

chemingway from botany.org, 562-433-4057 (ph), 562-308-0075 (cell)

BSA Executive Office:
P.O. Box 299, St. Louis, MO 63166
314-577-9566 (ph), 314-577-9515 (fax)