[Plant-education] Plant Anatomy textbook question

Perry, James via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by james.perry from uwc.edu)
Sat Sep 22 16:28:28 EST 2007

Bob, Ray (Evert) has recently published the update. I guess you would say it's the tome. You know Ray -- it's thorough and impeccably researched, and is as up-to-date as it's copyright date.

From: plant-ed-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu on behalf of Bob Wise
Sent: Fri 9/21/2007 5:22 PM
To: Plant Ed
Subject: [Plant-education] Plant Anatomy textbook question

Dear Plant Edders,

Looks like I'm on tap to teach a 3-credit, upper level, introductory
plant anatomy course in spring '08.  Anybody have any textbook
suggestions?  It looks like the options might be:

Mauseth, Plant Anatomy (out of print?)
Esau, Plant Anatomy (out of print?)
Fahn, Plant Anatomy (out of print?)
Dickison, Integrative Plant Anatomy
Charles Beck, Plant Structure and Development
Evert and Eichhorn, Esau's Plant Anatomy (is this an update of Esau's
classic tome?)
Crang and Vassilyev, Electronic Plant Anatomy CD-ROM

Robert R. Wise
Dept. of Biology
UW Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd