[Plant-education] RE: CURRENT Plant Form and Function text?

Stokes Baker via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by bakerss from udmercy.edu)
Mon Sep 24 15:26:12 EST 2007

  _____

From: Stokes Baker [mailto:bakerss from udmercy.edu]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:52 PM
To: 'plant-ed from net.bio.net'
Subject: CURRENT Plant Form and Function text?

I will be teaching Botany: Plant Form and Function next term.  This is a 400
level course at the University of Detroit Mercy designed to support the
needs of secondary education majors.  The text I use to use, Moore's Botany:
Plant Form and Function Vol. 1, is not out of print.  I have look at a few
general botany text, but I have not been very happy because they present the
same phenomenology I studies as a freshmen 25 years ago.  I would expect a
botany text to cover phytohormones to cover aspects of signal transduction
(e.g., G-proteins, etc.) and to at least mention aquaporin.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?  Does someone have a web site that might substitute
for a text book?

Stokes Baker

University of Detroit Mercy