[Plant-education] Starch Picture

David Walker via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by d.a.walker from sheffield.ac.uk)
Tue Feb 26 03:45:12 EST 2008

Recently I was attempting to sort out the accumulated rubbish in my office
in the way that you do when you come to feel that, if you don¹t drink your
best wine soon, you  might never get the chance. By chance I came across a
photograph of  an ancient (ca 1980) starch picture that posed a question to
students who got to see it.  The picture was formed in starch in  a
ŒGeranium¹ (i.e Pelargonium) leaf by illuminating  through a negative in a
slide projector. The negative itself comprised a Beardsley print on which
was superimposed the question. I couldn¹t bring myself to bin it without
sharing it, so for anyone who is interested, it can now be downloaded (and
used) from
http://www.oxygraphics.plus.com//Beardsley.gif
David
>From David Alan Walker, FRS; Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,