[Plant-education] Agrobacterium?

Olney, Margaret A. via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by MOlney from stmartin.edu)
Mon Nov 17 16:55:52 EST 2008

One of my undergraduate students would like to conduct a study looking
at the transformation efficiencies of Wisconsin Fast Plants using
Agrobacteria.  We have not successfully found any commercial sources for
Agrobacteria tumefaciens.  Do any of you know of a commercial or
non-commercial source?  We only need a stab that we could grow and from
which we could prepare our own competent cells.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Margaret Olney

Assistant Professor of Biology

Saint Martin's University