[Plant-education] greenhouse pests and biocontrol

Scott Shumway via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by sshumway from wheatonma.edu)
Sat Sep 6 19:16:19 EST 2008

One of my students is conducting a senior thesis project testing the
efficacy of various biocontrol efforts in our greenhouse.  Our number
one pests are thrips, mealy bugs, and scale.  Can anyone recommend keys
for identifying these pests, literature on biological control in
greenhouses, and literature describing standard methods for determining
pest abundance?

Scott Shumway
Professor of Biology
Wheaton College