[Plant-education] Open-rank position in plant development, Vanderbilt University

Carl Johnson via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by carl.h.johnson from vanderbilt.edu)
Mon Aug 17 15:01:16 EST 2009

FACULTY POSITION
DEVELOPMENTAL GENETICS

The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University seeks
candidates to fill an open rank faculty position in developmental
genetics. Research of candidates will be considered in all areas of
development, with emphasis on early development in vertebrates
(including stem cell research) or plant developmental genetics.  We
desire candidates whose interests broadly overlap the interests of
our current faculty. Central criteria for the position are excellence
in research and the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate
students with a high level of effectiveness.  Women and
under-represented minority candidates are especially encouraged to
apply.  For information about the Department, visit our website:
http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/biosci.  For information about
developmental biology at Vanderbilt, see
http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/devbio/.  Applicants should send a
letter of application together with a curriculum vitae, a statement
of current and future research interests, three letters of
recommendation, teaching evaluations, if available, and selected
reprints to: Developmental Genetics Search Committee, Department of
Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B 351634,
Nashville, TN 37235-1634 U.S.A.   Review of applicants will begin
October 1, 2009, and will continue until the position has been
filled.  Vanderbilt University is an Affirmative Action / Equal
Opportunity Employer.

	We are very interested in hiring an excellent plant
developmental biologist, especially someone who will interact
productively with existing faculty in our department and with the
larger developmental biology community at Vanderbilt. Our department
has excellent greenhouse and other types of research facilities.
	If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email or call
me for further information.
		Best wishes,
		Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson, Ph.D., Professor
Dept. of Biological Sciences, U-8211 BSB/MRB III
VU Station B, Box 35-1634
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN  37235  USA
TEL: 615-322-2384
FAX: 615-936-0205
Email: carl.h.johnson from vanderbilt.edu
Website: http://www.cas.vanderbilt.edu/johnsonlab/