[Plant-education] Avocado seed with multiple sprouts

gabesolomon from gmail.com via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by gabesolomon from gmail.com)
Mon Feb 2 23:00:49 EST 2009

Hi,
I often plant the seeds of avocados I eat.  I have a dozen or so on
the go, most of them have long ago sprouted and are now a couple of
feet tall, but recently I took one that was just starting to crack
open, and gave it to my friend for xmas, as he likes watching them
grow.  So today I looked at it to check its progress at his house, and
to my surprise there are 4 sprouts coming out of the seed, all very
healthy looking.
Is this normal?  I have never seen or heard of this in all my
experience!