[Plant-education] textbooks

Zoger, Abigail via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by azoger from santarosa.edu)
Tue Nov 2 16:54:09 EST 2010

We have a 3 semester sequence for our introduction for biology majors. The first semester is cell and molecular and then a semester of zoology and evolution and another with botany and ecology.  Our cell class uses the "big" Campbell and we have traditionally had the botany students use that book and then supplement with Barbour, Rost and  etc.

  I am  looking for other options and wanted to find out what other people used for their introductory biology major's botany classes.  All of the survey books fall short on the diversity section. On the other hand, I feel that Raven is too much detail for the students and a very expensive book to have them buy on top of already having bought Campbell ( even if it is spread out over several semesters).

Has anyone used Plant Biology by Graham, Graham and Wilcox?

Thank you
Abigail Zoger
Life Sciences Department
Santa Rosa Junior College