[Plant-education] organization of an upper division curriculum

Jon Monroe via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by monroejd from jmu.edu)
Thu Oct 21 08:02:57 EST 2010

Hi Plant-eders,

We trying to make sense of and possibly reorganize our Jr/Sr-level
(300/400) biology courses.  At the moment our upper division looks a lot
like a smorgasbord, and I suspect this is not uncommon.  We are leaning
toward some sort of organization where 300-level courses mean something
and a 400-level courses mean something else.  Are there any models out
there to start with?  How have others dealt with this issue?

Thanks for any input you might have,

Jonathan Monroe, Professor
Department of Biology
820 Madison Dr.  MSC 7801