[Plant-education] First-year plant lab

Jon Monroe via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by monroejd from jmu.edu)
Wed Jul 20 13:09:08 EST 2011

Thanks for the reply, Janice.  We're rather space limited now, but we'll
be moving into a new building in a year.  This is a large course: 17
sections of 24 students each semester, currently taught in one lab
room.  In the new building there will be two rooms.  We don't have
adequate greenhouse space now, but that should change.  Currently, we
grow several kinds of plants on growth carts in the lab, and that much
of it works but the lab itself is what we're looking to change.  We're
aiming for something halfway between a cookbook lab and one where
students generate independent questions.

Jon

--
Jonathan Monroe, Professor
Department of Biology