[Plant-education] oxalate assay

Pale, Fatimata A. via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by FPale from thiel.edu)
Wed Aug 1 12:29:36 EST 2012

Hello All:

I am sorry I missed the BSA's  conference in Columbus. I just received Bill's update on the success of the conference.
However, I would appreciate that you share with me major  recommendations for teaching effectively Plant Biology and Physiology to undergraduates this coming school year. I am using Stern, and also Raven and Eichorn for lectures; for the lab, the Stern's lab manual .
I am looking for tactics and strategies to stimulate their learning.

Thank you

E-mail: fpale from thiel.edu <mailto:fpale from thiel.edu>
Tel: 724-589-2114
________________________________

From: plant-ed-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu on behalf of Cote, Gary G
Sent: Wed 01/08/2012 09:12
To: Plant-ed from net.bio.net
Subject: [Plant-education] oxalate assay

Hello all,
Does anyone know of a method for assaying the level of oxalate in a plant tissue.  There used to be a kit (or kits) available from a number of vendors (Fisher, Sigma, etc.), but we've called a number of places and no one has it any more.

Any leads to a kit, or how to make our own assay would be appreciated.
Gary

Gary Coté
Professor of Biology
Department of Biology