Bionet Snooze

Tony Travis ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri
Thu Aug 27 13:18:48 EST 1992

In article <92727184121.MIN-LZKBa26691.bionet-news at uk.ac.daresbury> you write:
: [...]
: Just because a person doesn't posting does not mean that they aren't there.

True, but they are not *participating* if they only post when an
opportunity to criticise bionet politics arises.  I accept that many
people just skim through bionet.plants and don't want (or consider it
unnecessary) to post.  But, I consider the real value of this medium to
be the opportunity it gives us to *participate* in open discussions.

: To risk Tony's ire about non-relevant things on bionet.plants -

Nah, bionet.plants is an open forum and your peers will let you know
when it's time to move over to bionet.software :-)

: Re: the "reply" command.  f or F is just as easy to use, the "follow up"
: command, as is r or R and its much more interesting to the rest of us. ;-)

Ok ... Follow-up: to bionet.software about how to use news/mail.

	Tony.

ps. whatever happened to your bionet.microscopy proposal ??
--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>