energy crops

Casgrain Philippe casgrain at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Mon Aug 10 08:00:17 EST 1992

In article <9208082210.AA07065 at calshp.cals.wisc.edu> triplett at CALSHP.CALS.WISC.EDU writes:
>Let's hope our governments see the light and not do as the
>California legislature did and mandate electric vehicles.
>Eric Triplett, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison

	This is no "plant" subject, but...
The Californian Government has issued a mandate to the effect that 10% of
vehicules sold by the year 2000 must be _zero-emission_ vehicules.  Now,
electric cars are the way this goal will be achieved on such short notice,
but there are other zero-emission engines (the hydrogen-powered rotary engine
shown by Mazda at the 1991 Tokyo Auto Show comes to mind).

	Besides, IMHO, California is just moving the problem outside its
state's borders, so other states and countries should follow-up to that
legislation and promote cleaner-burning fuel (at least).  Let's face it:
I hate to say it (I ride a bicycle :-) the automobile is here to stay.

	Philippe		Casgrain at ERE.UMontreal.CA