Research Work

Daniel M Goldman dangold1 at
Tue Aug 4 08:18:25 EST 1992

In <1992Aug4.115558.2219 at> cfc at (Clive Stuart Crutchfield) writes:

>Posted on behalf of: Graham Souch 
>Return to: cfc at

>Can anyone give me any information about obtaining research work in the states?

>I have just completed an M.Sc. in Cell and Molecular Genetics at University of Wales, 
>Aberystwyth, I also have a B.Sc. in Biological Sciences specialising in plant sciences.

>I am just looking for advice at this stage, and would welcome any suggestions.

  One useful thing to try is look through AGRICOLA, CAB or other research
  databases.  You can locate individuals, departments or institutions which
  are doing work which interests you, and then write to the authors of the
  work.  Some will not respond, but many will write back and either let you 
  know how to apply for work with them or make suggestions on how to pursue
  your studies/research.  Another thing to do is contact professional 
  societies to obtain their ads for positions and assistantships.  These 
  two approaches would be a decent start, at least.  -DmG

More information about the Plantbio mailing list