Redwood Seedlings

John Reed johnreed at carson.u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 7 13:37:13 EST 1992

I am trying to find some information on growing redwoods from seedlings.
This is a personal project, so I am not thinking on a nursery or post
logging scale.  I know redwoods usually live along rivers, and that they
generally establish on mineral soil.  What I need to know is when they
usually germinate, how much water and how should they be transferred from
a pot to the outdoors.  This is for my mother in West Virginia, so what
are the chances of growing a redwood there (they live in a river valley).
Thanks.
John Reed