Photosynthesis Group

Harry_Roy at MTS.RPI.EDU Harry_Roy at MTS.RPI.EDU
Mon Dec 7 14:35:16 EST 1992

I think the current setup is fine. I object to contaminating it with the
kind of free wheeling discussion that goes on in usenet newsgroups. We
are dealing here with a scientific discipline, where communication is
reviewed and criticized before publication, not after. I think access
to the mailing list is adequate, and the announcements and queries
occur at a manageable frequency. I do not object to the creation of
an entirely separate newsgroup on photosynthesis or any other topic; I
just have serious doubts about directing the current group into that
particular black hole.