GUS fusion vectors

Stuart Brown browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Tue Dec 8 11:24:36 EST 1992

Greetings net.mo-bio.wizards,

I am looking for GUS fusion vectors for use in Agrobacterium based plant
transformation systems.  Is there a catalogue/collection of such information
accessible via the net? (gopher, ftp?)  In particular, I'm looking for
vectors in the "public domain" which do not carry restrictions and reserved
rights from their creators.

I am aware of one set of vectors available from Clontech.  And of course
there is sequence information on zillions of vectors in Genbank - but these
are not publicly available from a single source.

In my past work I obtained some useful vectors from the Fungal Genetic Stock
Center.  Is there an equivalent Center for plant vectors?

	Thanks in advance for any input.
		-Stu

--
Stuart M. Brown                             If you can remain cool when all
U. of Manitoba, Dept. Plant Science         Around you are in panic,