PHOTOSYN as a Newsgroup

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at net.bio.net
Wed Dec 9 17:15:24 EST 1992

I missed a minor point, but someone reminded me of it last night:

Una Smith sez:

>Hey, be fair!  It's entirely arguable that the LISTSERV software is
>still in use after at least a decade *because* it *works consistently*.
>And various Usenet reading programs have been around a long time to:
>should we throw them out because they're "old"?

LISTSERV could not have been in use for much more than four years, since
that the point at which the 'global' LISTSERV structure was created.  Before
that, there were large number of incompatable LISTSERV programs, each
with different behavours and syntaxes.

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi at net.bio.net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |
|=========== net.bio.net -- The New Home of the bionet Newsgroups ============|