Plant communication/sensing references wanted

Tony Travis ajt at
Sat Dec 12 18:23:45 EST 1992

In article <921212201751.MIN-LVICa00330.bionet-news at> you wrote:
:    The subject about says it all: I'm interested in references to literature
:    which explores the capabilities of the plant world with reference to
:    sensing of hostile environments or predators, defense mechanisms thus
:    initiated, and inter- as well as intra-plant communication of sensory
:    information.

Hello, Rich.

There is a recent book called "Sensitive plants" that, amongst other topics,
describes the responses of Mimosa pudica.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten the
author/publisher - does anyone else know?

Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at>
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  other: <ajt at>
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |  phone: 0224-712751