[ARCH] Re: Which Came First, Agriculture or Pastorialism? [LONG]

Steve Miller stcmille at panix.com
Fri Dec 18 09:54:51 EST 1992

In <1992Dec18.024043.6864 at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu> tratclif at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Tracy Ratcliff) writes:

>I was under the impression that the 'pet' theory was no longer the leader.
>At least that was the impression I got from _Covenant of the Wild_ (can't
>remember the author and I may have the title wrong too (sigh)).  It was more
>of a pro-farming anti-PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)
>book, but it spent a couple of chapters on the origins of domestication.

The "pet" theory was suffering until three major events occurred:

1) Habitrails were discovered in remains of PIE settlements

2) "Rex" "Scout" and "Fido" were discovered to be pet names with PIE
roots

and

3) I found $20 in an old pair of pants pockets, allowing me to sit in a
bar and meditate on the meaning of the evidence for several hours.

Steve Miller				stcmille at panix.com
		A Famous Rock Star!