digestion of thin sections

Mike Folsom mwfolsom at hydra.unm.edu
Fri Jun 19 12:10:22 EST 1992

In article <2375.9206191508 at rri.sari.ac.uk> sdm at uk.ac.sari.rri (Sandra Murison) writes:
>Any suggestions on how to get thin sections to stick to slides during
> digestion?
> I was thinking about embedding in PEG. Has anyone tried this?
>
>				Sandra.

Looks like another place for bionet.microscopy. ;-)

Question - what are you trying to digest?

There's a whole range of things from polylysine to old fashion Haupt's.  My
favorite method for welding thick plastic sections to slides is something
I call Jensen's ARG.  Protocol follows -

	Dissolve 0.5 g gelatin ( I use Sigma G2500 - 300 bloom ) in
	100 mls boiling distilled H2O then add 0.06 g CrK(SO4)2 - 12 H2O.
	When its all in solution dip slides and allow to dry "standing-up"
	in a dustfree area.  Store 'em in a box in the fridge and they're
	good for months.

I've found this to be a very dependable adhesive.

Hope it helps.

Michael

  .... I spell it potato, Dan the man spells it potatoe, I spell it
         tomato, Danny boy spells it tomatoe .......