Maize phloem mass transfer rate

Tony Travis ajt at swan.doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Jun 1 17:58:28 EST 1992

rjsalvad at IASTATE.EDU (Ricardo J Salvador) writes:
: Are there others currently conducting research on mass transfer rates in
: maize?  I'd appreciate contact with folks with interests or information
: regarding physical transport limitations in maize sieve tube elements,
: particularly those of the peduncle.

We are measuring, amongst other features, the mean radius of cells and
cell wall thickness in Co125 and W401 maize internodes.  Is the
diameter of phloem cells one of the physical limitations you are
interested in?

--
    Tony Travis <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>  | Dr. A.J.Travis