thigmotropic stamens

MEREDITH MLANE at KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU
Mon Nov 2 12:17:13 EST 1992

Dear Colleagues:
I've been working (albeit slowly) for some time on a review paper about
thigmotropic stamens. Now, I've been asked to give a talk about them, and
need some slides of certain of the plants that exhibit this phenomenon. I
have slides of Portulacaceae, Cactaceae, Aizoaceae, and Tiliaceae (Sparmannia)
but would like to have photos of Abutilon striatum (flowering maple),
Helianthemum spp. (Cistaceae), and Stylidium spp. (Stylidiaceae). I will
pay postage and duplication costs and always credit your photos. Do you have
slides of before-and-after the stamens have moved in any of these plants?
I would very much appreciate your assistance! Please contact me directly
because I am not a UseNet subscriber. Thank you!!

Meredith Lane
Director, R. L. McGregor Herbarium
University of Kansas
2045 Constant Ave.