Magnolia Trees

Dr. Gil Nelson cd573 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Fri Nov 6 21:35:46 EST 1992

I am interested in the distribution of magnolia trees in the
state of Tennessee for a project I am pursuing.  I am aware that
M. grandiflora is non-native but present as an ornamental.  How
widespread is its use?  Also, what is the distribution of M.
virginiana in the state and how common is it?  I would also
appreciate knowing of any goof references that relate specifically
to magnoliaceae in Tennessee.  Any help will be appreciated.

Gil Nelson nelsong at