(fwd) A worker on stem mechanical properties

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 10:58:35 EST 1992

> Dear networkers,
> I subscribed to AGENG-L just few days ago, so let me introduce myself.
>
> My name is Jacek Gowin, I am 44 years old. I work at Agricultural
> University, Department of Physics, Lublin, Poland. Ph D since 1981,
> Mechanical Properties of Wheat Stems by Means of Holographic
> Interferometry.
>
> special interests: mechanical properties of crop stems (and agrophysic
>                    at all)
> special knowledge: mechanical engineering
> special experience avaiable at the department:
>       pre-sowing magnetic and laser treatment of seeds, mass-spectrometry
>       applied to exhaust gas analysis.

Hello, Jacek.

Steve Modena forwarded your message to the BIOSCI PLANTBIO/bionet.plants
news group and I would be very interested to hear about your work!

I've just completed some work on a comparison of weak (Envol) and stiff
(Rocket) strawed varieties of rape using image analysis techniques.  I've
submitted this as a paper for the 1993 AAB conference on the Physiology
of Varieties at the University of Nottingham (UK).

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at uk.ac.sari.rri>