Tony Travis ajt at
Thu Oct 1 03:47:20 EST 1992

In article <9291054658.MIN-LLNAa26899.bionet-news at> you wrote:
: > [ajt]
: >I, of course, design all my experiments using a dice :-)
:                                                ^   ^
:                                     singular---+   +----plural  ;^(

Ok, ok - I design all my experiments using a die :->

[On *my* research budget I can't afford dice!]

Actually, experimental design is a subject pursued with religious zeal
by some investigators and yet totally ignored by others.  I find that
the discipline of 'designing' and experiment to be at least as much
value as the statistical analysis that follows because it requires you
to formalise the questions that you are asking.

Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at>
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  other: <ajt at>
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |  phone: 0224-712751