S. A. Modena samodena at
Sun Oct 4 05:47:57 EST 1992

In article <1992Oct3.035006.19482 at> purves at (Bill Purves) writes:
>In article <1992Oct1.025416.6334 at> samodena at (S. A. Modena) writes:
>>Well, I toss in that Vernalization, postulated by Lysenko, received
>>some "serious" attention in the West from a few plant physiologists.
>Umm... although Lysenko tried to take credit for the concept of
>vernalization, it is clear that he was NOT responsible for the
>actual science involved.  He has been given a lot of undue credit
>for that one.

On the contrary, Lysenko has been given very much his due credit for
the starvation of a few millions of people and the murder of almost all
of the Soviet Union's brilliant geneticists, including Vavilov.

>William K. Purves
>Department of Biology
>Harvey Mudd College
>Claremont, CA 91711

|     At e-mail:  nmodena at                           |
|                 samodena at                |