sectioning wheat straw

Tony Travis ajt at
Thu Oct 15 14:12:20 EST 1992

I want to cut cryostat sections of wheat straw, and I would be
interested to hear from anyone who has experience of doing this.

We can cut 25 um sections ok using OCT at -20 C, but I want to get
thinner sections (5-10 um) if possible.  A colleague suggested I use a
10% gum tragacanth solution as an alternative but I haven't tried it.

Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  Tony Travis
Rowett Research Institute,            |  JANET: <ajt at>
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  other: <ajt at>
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |  phone: 0224-712751