THE prevalent tree

S. A. Modena samodena at csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 26 00:28:50 EST 1992

In article <1992Oct24.151527.2352 at athena.cs.uga.edu> karen at athena.cs.uga.edu (Karen Snetselaar) writes:

>...................  Written for the "general public in non-technical
>style" it has chapters on the history of poison ivy (has been a desireable
>ornamental in some European gardens for example), .............

In certain European countries, some houses are surrounded by high walls,
and to be sure, thick broken wine bottle are cemented on top.  I wonder
of the desirable garden PI is just a more subtle form of broken glass? ;^)

>Karen Snetselaar

Like Toby, I suspect that I'm not allergic either.  I grew up in
Massachusetts and PI was plenty thick even along strectches of Main
Street.  I've never had PI in my life....but I'm cautious nonetheless. :^)

Spent four years in Israel and was delighted to dicover that PI is
unknown in that part of the world.  Though I'd have liked to import some
to put along certain parts of the Israel-Lebanon border fence.

Steve
---