Rose Gene ID's

Jeffrey A. Del Col br105 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Sun Sep 20 13:59:32 EST 1992

	Can anyone provide me with information on identifying
rose species by genetic content i.e. chromosome counts,
chromatography, etc.  Has anybody done somthing like this?
I stongly suspect so, but I am not a professional biologist,
just an English teacher who raises roses as an avocation.  I've
got access to people( students in bio-sciences looking for
projects) and equipment that might be useful for such a
project.

For example, if I had a cross between a damask and a spinosissima, would
there be some way of determining that this was the case by examination
of the genetic material?

J. Del Col
--
Jeff Del Col      *    "Got a gypsy woman givin' me advice,
A-B College       *     Got a whole lotta tricks keepin' here on ice."