Institute of Forest Genetics DataBase --IFGDB

Bradley K. Sherman bsherman at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Thu Sep 3 18:47:43 EST 1992

This is to announce the official Bionet emergence of
the Institute of Forest Genetics DataBase (IFGDB).

Our focus is forest tree genome mapping.

It is our intention to provide help in informatics and molecular
biology for researchers in forest tree genome research anywhere
in the world.  We intend to publish a newsletter and to act as
a repository for maps, methods, software, images, mailing lists, etc.
Please contact us if your research seems related to our mission.

Internet e-mail: ifgdb at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Surface mail:    Brad Sherman, IFGDB, P.O. Box 245, Berkeley, CA, 94701
Phone:           (510) 559-6437
Fax:             (510) 559-6440

IFGDB is located at the Pacific Southwest Research Station of
the United States Forest Service in Albany, California and
at the Institute of Forest Genetics in Placerville, California.

IFGDB has been created as part of the prototyping phase of
the Plant Genome Database which will be centered at the
National Agricultural Library of the United States Department
of Agriculture.

We will be giving a special workshop in Forest Tree Genome Mapping
on 12 November 1992 at the Town and Country Hotel in San Diego
(following Plant Genome I).

The principal investigator for this project is David B. Neale.

Once again, please contact us.  We'll send you a questionnaire
and keep you informed of progress.
----
    Brad Sherman (bks at s27w007.pswfs.gov)
        These are zeroes--^^