AAB conference, Nottingham, UK

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 13:35:21 EST 1993

I'm off to the AAB conference at Nottingham University next week
(Physiology of Varieties).  I'm sure one or two people who read
bionet.plants will be there, so maybe we could have a chat about how
quiet things have been lately on this newsgroup :-(

Either we are all bored with it, or we are too busy to 'waste' time
posing messages to the newsgroup.  Personally, I'm still interested but
I'd like to see more people taking a chance and telling us about work
in progress.  I'm sure someone has something interesting to say about
their work?

I've just had a look at the Meridian Insight 'real-time' confocal
microscope for imaging plant cell walls.  It's a very nice instrument,
but much too expensive for the application I have in mind.  As an
alternative, we are considering computational de-convolution of
wide-field images with a DSP assisted PC or 'big' workstation.

Is anyone else on bionet.plants using confocal microscopy to examine
plant material?

	Tony.