Water relations

S.C. S.J.Casey at plant.utas.edu.au
Mon Apr 5 23:52:40 EST 1993

I was wanting to set up a water relation experiment examining the effect
 of water stress on the water status of several eucalypt species.  Many
 previous pot experiments will water the plants to field capacity and then
conduct the various experiments on the plants as they dry out.  This however
 assumes that the water status in any two of the pots at a given time is the
 same, which tends to be a false assumption.
	I was wondering if any methodologies were available to set the water
potential of the pots at a precise level and so make accurate comparisons
between plants over a range of soil water potentials.
	Any information or relevant references would be greatly appreciated.

					Thanks in advance