Flower Decomposition

Laura Hyatt lhyatt at mail.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:42:37 EST 1993

In article <CB5o71.6Jr at cantua.canterbury.ac.nz> stuart at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz (Stuart Ralston) writes:

>On behalf of Delwyn Walker:
>
>I am studying flower decomposition for my masters thesis in environmental
>science.  As far as I know, I am the only who is working in this field.
>I am looking for any (modern) references in this topic, or anybody related
>to my field of work, around the world.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Delwyn.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by flower decomposition.  There are
several studies on post-pollination flower part retention, color changes, etc
and their relationship to seed setting.  Is this what you mean?  Or are
you more interested in biochemistry of the process?  Given your program's
emphasis, I suspect that you're looking for the former.  I can't get up to
get my references at this point, but I will if you'll post more about your
angle.

lhyatt at mail.sas.upenn.edu
(Laura)