POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION

reddy at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU reddy at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Thu Aug 12 12:58:49 EST 1993

                POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION

A postdoctoral research associate position is available immediately for a
recent Ph.D graduate to work on  calcium signaling mechanisms (see Poovaiah
and Reddy, CRC Cri. Rev. Plant Sci. 12: 185-211 (1993) and/or cell cycle
regulation in plants. Applicant should have a strong background in standard
biochemical and molecular techniques including library screening,
sequencing, blotting techniqyes, transformation of plants and analysis of
reporter genes in transgenic plants.   Our project on cell cycle involves
cloning and characterization of different types of cyclins and a cdc25
homolog from Arabidopsis and study their involvment in the regulation in
different phases of cell cycle.  Arabidopsis cDNA libraries, cyclin cDNAs,
cyclin antibodies and suspension culture are available in our lab. We
recently isolated five different cyclin cDNAs using PCR followed by
screening of a cDNA library with PCR generated probes. In our calcium
project our focus is on identification of calmodulin-binding proteins
including kinases and phosphatases.  Our goal is to screen expression
libraries with radiolabeled calmodulin (Reddy et al., Plant Science, in
press).  Expression libararies and probes are available in the laboratory.
In addition, we are working on isolating full-length cDNA and genomic clone
for a U1 snRNP 70K protein from Arabidopsis to investigate U1 snRNP 70K
protein role in RNA splicing (Reddy et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1171;
88-92, 1992). The incumbent will be working on calcium and snRNP projects
and is expected to interact with two other post-docs, a graduate student,
one undergraduate student and two part-time work study students in the
laboratory.  The starting salary will be $21,000/year plus standard
benefits package.   Please send (either by fax or e-mail) curriculum vitae,
a brief statement of research interests and experience and names and
telephone numbers of three references to:

Dr. A.S.N. Reddy
Assistant Professor
Laboratory of plant molecular biology
E-106 Anatomy/Zoology Bldg